Covid-19 Latest updates June 22: IIT had predicted that a new wave of Coronavirus would begin on June 22, 2022 and peak from mid to late August. The study was conducted by researchers at IIT Kanpur, but was yet to be peer-reviewed. The investigation found that the new wave would last four months.
While there is no confirmation on the fourth wave yet, the growing number of cases in India points directly to another round of panic and fear. Let’s break down today’s statistics provided by the Ministry of Health today.
- The daily number of Covid-19 in India rose on Wednesday as the country reported 12,249 new coronavirus infections in the past twenty-four hours. The total number of active cases rose by more than 2,300 in the span of 24 hours, according to data from the Union Ministry of Health.
- The official data also reported 13 fatalities, including eight from Kerala and one from Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
- The latest updates pushed the country’s total Covid figures to 4,33,31,645 cases, 5,24,903 deaths and 81,687 active cases, data released at 8am showed.
- The number of active cases rose by 2,374 on Tuesday to 81,687 and now makes up 0.19% of the total number of infections, the ministry said.
- The recovery rate from Covid-19 in India was recorded at 98.60 percent, while the number of people who recovered from the disease increased to 4.27.25.055. The death rate of the cases was recorded at 1.21%.
It is worth noting that India saw a drop in Covid-19 cases on Tuesday, June 21, with the country reporting 9,923 cases, according to official data.
(with desk entrances)